Tuesday, November 30, 2010

10 days?!? Already?!


It doesn't seem like it's been 10 days since Maezie was born, but it has. Most of it's pretty much a blur of no sleep, junk food, a massive 'Scrubs' marathon, and dirty diapers. All last week I had Davey here to help me cope, and that was HUGE, because he already knows what needs to be done without anyone having to ask. He's a good man. Not even kidding.

But now Davey's gone back to work and I'm on my own. I'll tentatively say that it's going ok. I did have a bit of an emotional breakdown this morning, but only for about 10 minutes. I do seriously miss a good night's sleep. And I hope and pray that Punkin will adjust to having to share the spotlight with her sibling. So far that's been the hardest thing to deal with. Usually Punkin is a happy, easy kid. She just wants to hang out and do her thing. But for the past few days she wants to be held constantly, and is super duper fussy. Hard to deal with when there's a newborn around, too. Maezie, on the other hand, is a breeze. Much like Punkin was at that age, only even easier because I've had a little bit of practice this time around.
I'm optimistic about this staying at home business. I think I can handle it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...